Anyone who’s into makeup knows how difficult it can be on the wallet…we all know the struggle lol. So I thought I’d compile a short list of tips on how you can save cash moneys and still get yourself some makeup goodies.
(picture courtesy of divavillage.com)
1. Multi Usage Products
- Try to buy and use multifunctional products. For example a shimmery champagne eyeshadow can also be used as a cheek bone highlight, or a bronzer as an eyeshadow, crease shade, or eyeliner.
- Cream blushes can be doubled as a lip stains.
- Face primers can be a great alternative to a lip primer to stop your lipstick from bleeding.
- Translucent powders are a great way to turn any foundation or lipstick mat.
- When purchasing beauty products online go for the free samples (if they offer any). This is a great way to try new products without 100% committing to them.
- When buying products in store ask for samples. If this isn’t possible ask to try the product on your face. Wear it for the day and see how it reacts with your skin, how long it lasts etc and you can purchase it when you feel confident that you like it.
- Research products online before buying them. Check out reviews and swatches so you can make an informed decision before you commit to purchasing. This is especially important when buying drugstore products that don’t always have testers available in store.
- Researching will also help you find dupes and alternatives which might be more budget friendly.
- No need to buy deep cleansing brush cleanser, just use a mild soap, even the one you use to wash yourself with.
- For spot cleaning your brushes try a spritz of rubbing alcohol it can also be used to disinfect powdered makeup products.
- Rubbing alcohol can also be used to fix any broken powdered products.
- Create a savings account dedicated to your love of makeup. Add whatever you can each month so you can save up and splurge without having to compromise.
- If your shopping in store create a list and stick to it, that way your sure to stay within your budget.
- Go through what you already own and be realistic with what you actually “need”. Discard any products you don’t like or use and sell the ones that are in a good and sanitary condition and you can add the profits to your makeup fund.
I hope this was useful and if you have some other great tips don’t forget to leave it in the comments section
Hugs from Beauty Land