Hey beautiful people,
So summer is almost here and Uni is done so that means holidays and travel…whooopiiii 😀 I’m heading off tomorrow for a week to see my sister and then in mid June I will be in London for IMATS (OMG too excited for that!!!) and then off to sunny Cali to visit my parents and brother. So I thought I would share with you guys what make up I bring with me on holiday as well as how and what I pack it in. Lets just get straight in to it.
I pack most of my make up and skin care in the super great MUFE makeup bag. It’s really cool and holds loads of stuff. Unfortunately I don’t know if its available for purchase as I got it free at a MUFE event. Anyways here’s a little look of the inside…
It has loads of compartments. A mesh zipper area for flatter larger products and two removable plastic ‘pencil case’ type compartments. There’s also a compartment in the very front which I don’t really use for anything. Its a great bag, the removable compartments are basically waterproof and super easy to clean in case of spillage or leakage!!! Whats super cool about the plastic compartments: they’re detachable so you can choose to use all, one or none and its great for keeping everything organized.
In the mesh compartment I house most of the larger and fatter products like my Mac MSF in Soft and Gentle, Maybelline Fit me Powder in 125, Mini Daily Brush Cleanser from Sephora, and my Urban Decay Naked Palette.
In one of the plastic compartments I house most of my make up. So lip products like Too Faced Juicy Melons, Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tarte, Mac Lipglass in Betty Bright and NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Beige (even though its a dusty rose…but whatevs!!!) It also fits a mini Hourglass Primer, L’Oreal Lumi Primer, MUFE Brightening Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 125, Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer, TheBalm Hot Mama Blush, MUFE HD Powder, Mac Paint Pot in Painterly, and two eyeliner pencils from MUFE in black and brown. I Think I will also pack a nude liner, perhaps my Tarte one but I haven’t decide yet 😀 I also haven’t decide on which mascara I should take or brow product…oh the difficulties of a a makeup addict!!! hahaha.
The other plastic compartment houses my skin care stuff. I use a lot of mini and sample versions of products I already own. So I have a mini make up remover and toner from Sephora, my Josie Maran Argan Oil as my night ‘cream’, a mini Murad sample of there eye cream and daily moisturizer, and a mini Lancome Vissionaire as my serum. I also have my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 125 and my Mac Fix+ to hydrate and and set my make up 😀
My makeup brushes travel in the Sigma holder which doubles as a stand which is super convenient and I add a few smaller brushes in my Too Faced travel brush container. Most of my brushes are protected with Brush Guards, it helps keep there shape too!!
And lastly I keep all my hair care in this little black Chanel pouch. Again I have mini versions of my fave hair products like my Ouidad Serum Glaze, Aveda Be Curly and a little empty container that I filled with my Ouidad hair gel. I always take a mini of my favorite perfume Flower Bomb by Victor and Rolf.
After everything is packed and sealed I throw it in my suitcase and wedge it in between clothing for extra safety.
Tips for Packing Makeup:
- Keep samples and ask for samples of your favorite products, they are perfect for travel as they take up very little space.
- As an alternative to sample products, buy empty containers and fill them up with your fave products.
- To prevent powders from shattering or breaking stick a little powder poof in your powder compacts, this will help avoid any cracks.
- Wedge your make up bags in between clothing for extra cushioning (you no how those airport guys throw your bags around!!!)
- If your extra paranoid about your eye shadows and palettes breaking then wrap them up in a pair of ankle warmers or a fluffy sweater.
- If you have a really nice and expensive make up bag that you don’t want to ruin (lets face it things brake and spill!!) keep things in little plastic baggies. It contains the mess and makes it easy to clean 😀
- Protect your makeup brushes by housing them in a separate compartment and use Brush Guards for shape and extra protection.
I hope this post has been helpful. If not I hope it’s been fun 😀 I know it was for me!!!
I would love to hear your packing tips so please do leave a comment with great suggestions on how to keep your make up safe during air travel 😀
Hugs from Beauty Land